Properties of CHLORAXID 2% GEL
- Removal of dead pulp residues during mechanical broaching of root canals.
- Cleans the root canal, including the synovial layer to expose the dental tubule orifices prior to filling the canal.
- Prevents discolouration of the teeth from filling a root canal without flushing.
- The gel consistence of the preparation minimises the risk of pushing the product beyond the apical opening and ensures a precise control of application.
- CHLORAXID 2% GEL is specifically recommended for preparing root canals with wide, underdeveloped or damaged apexes.
Handling the product
Put the supplied applicator in ethanol before use, then install the applicator on the product syringe. Prepare the root canal by feeding CHLORAXID 2% GEL directly into the canal with the supplied applicator, or coat the intracanal instrument of choice with the product. Prepare the root canal and flush out with normal saline fed via a needle with side portal. Flush alternately with EDTA. Repeat several times.
The product is intended for repeated use until spent. The supplied applicator is disposable. Reusing the applicator may cause a risk of infection.
CAUTION! Flushing root canals: separate the sodium hypochlorite flush and the chlorhexidine digluconate flush with a normal saline flush to prevent a brownish sediment from forming. Thoroughly flush and rinse.
FOR PROFESSIONAL DENTAL USE ONLY